COMMITTEE FOR THE TERM 2018 - 2020
REAL ESTATE AND HOUSING DEVELOPERS’ ASSOCIATION MALAYSIA (PENANG BRANCH)
Standing (From L to R) :
- MR. WOO KOK WENG (Committee Member)
- MR. CHAN SOO HOW (Committee Member)
- MR. LAU ENG SIM (Committee Member)
- DATO’ SRI DR. LEE VILLE (Committee Member)
- DATO’ DR. RICKSON ONG SENG SOON (Committee Member)
- MR PATRICK KHOO POH AIK (Administrator)
- MR. KHOO TECK CHONG (Committee Member)
- MR. RON LOH CHIN CHUEN (Committee Member)
- MS. KATRINNA CHOO HOOI LENG (Admin / Accounts)
Sitting (From L to R) :
- MR. NG CHIN U (Assistant Honorary Secretary)
- MR. KELVIN ONG CHOON KIAT (Honorary Secretary)
- DATO’ CHAN FOCK SENG (Committee Member)
- DATO’ JERRY CHAN FOOK SING (Immediate Past Chairman)
- DATO’ TOH CHIN LEONG (Chairman)
- MR. NG HAN SEONG (Deputy Chairman)
- MR. OOI KHANG CHOW (Honorary Treasurer)
- DATO’ DAVID FONG CHIN CHONG (Committee Member)
- MR. TAN HUN BENG (Committee Member)
- Dato' Chan Fock Seng
- Mr. Lau Eng Sim
- Dato' David Fong Chin Chong
- Mr. Ron Loh
- Dato' Sri Dr. Lee Ville
- Mr. Tan Hun Beng
- Dato' Dr. Rickson Ong
- Mr. Woo Kok Weng
- Mr. Chan Soo How
Formed in 1974, the Penang Branch of Real Estate And Housing Developers’ Association Malaysia has the following aims and objectives:
To promote and co-ordinate throughout the country the development of land and construction of buildings for residential, commercial, industrial, tourism and other related purpose by members with a view towards contributing effectively to the economic development of the country;
To promote measures aimed at securing improvements pertaining to the techniques and methods of development of land and construction of buildings for residential, commercial, industrial, tourism and other related purpose by members throughout the country;
To study problems arising from the development of Land and construction of buildings as well as to propose solutions to the government, through the relevant ministries, departments and agencies;
To protect the legitimate interests of members, in particular, to enquire into and discuss with the government and its agencies on matters pertaining to policy, finance, legislation, technical standards and administrative procedures, affecting the development of land and construction of buildings.
Since its formation some 44 years ago, the membership of the Penang Branch is 89 as at September 2018.
In pursuance to its various aims and objectives, the Penang Branch, apart from holding its monthly meeting, actively engages in dialogues with the Government and non-Government bodies for clarification on policies, procedures and other matters affecting the industry and to trash out whatever problems encountered so that solutions can be found to enable the orderly development of the industry. The Penang Branch also takes an active part in the work of the SPEAD Council.
Since its formation, the Penang Branch has held annual dinners regularly to build up fellowship among its members and the various Government departments involved in the development of the industry.
For the period 2018 – 2020 the Penang Branch is managed by a Committee of 16 members.
At the National Council of Real Estate And Housing Developers’ Association Malaysia, the Branch is represented by its Chairman, Dato’ Toh Chin Leong and its immediate past chairman, Dato’ Jerry Chan Fook Sing.